Discover how this Danish local authority has digitized its passport and driving license application procedures using Wacom signature pads.
Government Use Cases
Eliminate unnecessary paperwork
From driving license applications to complaint forms, public sector organizations all over the world are replacing paper-based workflows with digital equivalents. Wacom solutions for government and the public sector help by:
- Enabling forms to be completed and signed digitally and cost-effectively using robust, low maintenance Wacom signature pads and pen displays.
- Shortening wait times for citizens by accelerating in-person form completion.
- Saving money on paper and ink, sometimes enabling the complete elimination of printers and associated supplies.
- Eliminating the cost of document storage, archiving and secure destruction.
- Ensuring digital capture of high resolution, biometrically accurate signatures for passports and ID cards.
“The Wacom STU device allows us to display all the information in a compact way.”
Peer Anker Hansen, Head of Citizen Services, Høje-Taastrup
Powered by Wacom
A rapid response to accidents and other dangerous situations can be a matter of life or death. Wacom technologies help accelerate the processes that support emergency service professionals.
Enable rapid emergency response
When you’re trying to save lives, every second counts. Emergency response command centers need ways of accelerating the relay of vital information to resources in the field. Wacom solutions for government and the public sector help by:
- Enabling users to enter crucial data more quickly using a Wacom digital pen display.
- Allowing staff to easily add electronic handwritten drawings and notes to help explain the specific details of emergency situations.
- Ensuring reliability thanks to Wacom’s patented battery-free and wireless pen design, and scratch-resistant pen display surfaces.
- Connecting the pen display to any existing computer system, so that it operates just like an external monitor.
Postal voting in elections has become increasingly popular in recent years, increasing the demand for solutions that can verify the authenticity of handwritten signatures captured on ballot papers. The Wacom Ink SDK for verification meets this need.
Preventing election fraud
Postal voting increases the risk of election fraud because signatures are captured in isolation by voters. The Wacom Ink SDK for verification helps mitigate this by:
- Enabling fast, accurate, reliable verification of handwritten signatures after the fact.
- Integrating easily with vote checking solutions so that thousands of signatures can be verified within hours.
- Continuously improving the verification engine, ensuring that accuracy rates improve still further over time.
“By using the interactive pen displays, we save about 224 kilograms of paper a year, not to mention space and money.”
Alexander Renauer, Head of IT, Erding Registry Office
Powered by Wacom
It’s often the internal approval of decisions that slow processes down, not the processes themselves. Wacom technologies help remove approval bottlenecks.
Accelerate process approval
Paper-based processes that require in-person approvals slow down citizen service delivery. Using Wacom solutions for the public sector helps mitigate this by:
- Enabling government staff to complete forms faster digitally.
- Removing the cost of paper management, storage and secure disposal from the process chain.
- Ensuring staff can work using the same applications they have always used.
- Making it easy, fast and comfortable to complete repetitive document-oriented tasks.
Erding Registry Office
Discover how this German registry office is using Wacom interactive pen displays to eliminate paperwork from approval processes.