May 12, 2021 (Tokyo, Japan) – Wacom Co, Ltd., announced the establishment of Connected Ink Village on February 16, 2021 as a general incorporated association and will support “Art, Technology and Learning” from a social and long-term perspective.
Connected Ink Village is a place to explore and experiment in initiatives including
- Pursuing the depth and breadth of human expressions through the arts
- Exploring and promoting new values of learning
- Implementing technologies to support such values, and seeking communication and collaboration opportunities to facilitate the process
Connected Ink Village runs a number of projects relevant to these initiatives and is committed to building and connecting various communities by bringing new cultural and value perspectives into society. Wacom has donated 250 million yen to Connect Ink Village, supporting its long-term and on-going activities to continue developing new perspectives and ideas through its various projects.
Logo of Connected Ink Village (Work by Satoru Kobayashi, Artist of Lumbini Art Museum)
● Examples of Projects Planned under the Connected Ink Village
・Human Expression Breakthrough Project
Supporting artists engaged in activities of expression by providing and arranging collaborative opportunities with people from different fields.
・STEAM Scholarship Project and STEAM Technology Contest
Based on the unique viewpoint, Connected Ink Village will provide scholarships to support STEAM （Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics） education and hold STEAM Technology contests.
・Overseas Micro-Community Support Projects
In respect to the different methods and expressions around “Art, Technology and Learning” overseas,
Connected Ink Village is providing financial and other support for the building of local and regional micro-communities in each region.
Some of the initiatives in the project will become part of the agenda for Wacom’s Connected Ink 2021 to be held in November. This will include performance stages, concerts, art exhibits, presentations and speeches. It will be an excellent opportunity to interact with a wide range of event participants, performers and guests and expected to lead to the further growth of emerging talent and communities.
Outline of Connected Ink Village
・ Name： Connected Ink Village, a General Incorporated Association
・ Established： February 16, 2021
・ Location： Sumitomo Fudosan Shinjuku Grand Tower 31F, 8-17-1 Nishi-shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-6131, Japan
• Representative Director： Nobu Ide, Representative Director, President & CEO, Wacom Co. Ltd.
• Director：Tomotoshi Goto, Managing Director, Japan Philharmonic Orchestra
• Director：Takashi Itagaki, Art Director, Lumbini Art Museum
• Director：Kei Narushima, President & Representative Director at CELSYS, Inc.
• Director：Kazuyoshi Morita, Representative Director, Campus OJT Industry-University Education Foundation
• Director：Akiko Okuyama, Corporate DNA, New Workstyle and Challenges, Wacom Co. Ltd.
• Chief of Secretariat： Yohei Himori, Corporate Engagement, Wacom Co. Ltd.
Founded in 1983, Wacom is a global company based in Japan with subsidiaries and affiliate offices around the world to support marketing and distribution in over 150 countries and areas. It is the world’s leading manufacturer of pen tablets, interactive pen displays, and digital interface solutions. The advanced technology of Wacom’s intuitive input devices has been used to create some of the most exciting digital art, films, special effects, fashion and designs around the world and provides business and home users with their leading interface technology to express their personality. The company also offers its products as OEM solutions to leading manufacturers serving incremental markets. Wacom’s interface technology, called Wacom Feel IT technologies, is also offered as an integrated solution to strategic partners. Most tablet device and PC manufacturers count on the advanced features and reliability to deliver a superior user interface experience.
For more information, please contact:
Corporate Communications, Wacom Co., Ltd
Technology Solution Business Unit, Wacom Co., Ltd