Wacom Unveils Strategy To Launch Digital Stationery Consortium
Connected Ink Event To Include Samsung, Montblanc, E Ink and Wacom
BERLIN -- Sept. 5, 2016
announced today its strategic plan to establish the
Digital Stationery Consortium
in October 2016. The objective of consortium is to establish digital ink as universal, open and smart content format by promoting and managing digital ink formats based on the Wacom Ink Layer Language (WILL™). WILL’s digital ink technology ensures cross-compatibility of ink data, allowing businesses and consumers to freely communicate and collaborate across digital devices, operating systems, hardware platforms and cloud services. WILL is a
universal inking engine and ink layer framework
that connects hardware, software and applications.
"Unifying various digital stationery solutions under the WILL framework will reduce complexity and produce a richer user experience by creating a seamless digital ink experience across every mobile device and ecosystem," said Masahiko Yamada, President & CEO of Wacom. "We received very positive feedback about launching this consortium while conducting our initial industry outreach at Connected Ink events in Las Vegas and Shanghai recently."
Thought Leadership Event at Connected Ink, Berlin
Hosted by Wacom, the
Connected Ink event in Berlin, Germany
, on September 3, 2016, will gather leading industry advocates to present on recent developments in the digital ink and pen ecosystem. Connected Ink is the platform for industry leaders in hardware, software, cloud telecommunication and stationery to push ideas, technologies and mass market adaption around digital ink and pen.
Companies presenting and/or participating in the product showcase include: Samsung Electronics, Montblanc, Simplo GmbH and E Ink Corporation, as well as CenterDevice GmbH, Moka Studio and WeKast. Below is the list of presentations:
• "Samsung’s Strategic Vision for Digital Handwriting." Keynote address by Peter Koo, senior vice president and head of technology strategy, Samsung
• "The Beauty of Handwriting in a Digital Space." Felix Obschonka, associate director for new technologies, Montblanc
• "Novel Note-Taking Experience. Paper-like eNote." Jim Chang, senior director, Strategic Integration Center, E Ink
• "Vision of the Creative World." Masahiko Yamada, president and CEO, Wacom
• "WILL: Universal Ink for the 21st Century." Heidi Wang, vice president, Portfolio Management and Technology Marketing, Wacom
• "Universal Pen Experience." Nobu Ide, senior vice president, Technology Solutions, Wacom
Product Showcase includes:
• CenterDevice will provide a B2B eSignature technology.
• Moka Studio will demonstrate its "MoSketch" app
• WeKast will demonstrate a real-time collaboration leveraging the WILL digital ink technology.
A panel discussion exploring the future of digital ink is also planned and will include executives from Samsung, E Ink, CenterDevice and Wacom.
Founded in 1983, Wacom is a global company based in Japan with subsidiaries and affiliate offices around the world to support marketing and distribution in over 150 countries. It is the world’s leading manufacturer of pen tablets, interactive pen displays, and digital interface solutions. The advanced technology of Wacom’s intuitive input devices has been used to create some of the most exciting digital art, films, special effects, fashion and designs around the world and provides business and home users with their leading interface technology to express their personality.
The company also offers its products as OEM solutions to leading manufacturers serving incremental markets. Wacom’s interface technology, called Wacom Feel IT technologies, is also offered as an integrated solution to strategic partners. Most tablet device and PC manufacturers count on the advanced features and reliability to deliver a superior user interface experience.
*Wacom, WILL,Feel are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Wacom Co., Ltd.
*All other trademarks and product names are property of their respective companies
Corporate Communication, Wacom Co., Ltd.